https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2CMP31ZQIM9JD?ref_=wl_share
I wish I saw this before I made mine. Mine is very similar aside from a couple differences. I am currently leaving it on my deck to test charging because I question the solar cell.
I decided on 18650 because of the lipo packs not liking the cold, a solar charge controller to get more juice to the battery (partly because I chose a lower wattage cell).
Here is the list of what I used, I am open to critiques as I will be building a few more.
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3M46BCKCMLOTL?ref_=wl_share
These are the batteries
i ran those lipos all winter without issue. the lower charge rate of the onboard controller minimizes the issues with charging in the cold. make sure you are using the powersaving firmware from easyskymesh as well it much more efficient.
I wasn’t questioning your battery choice or experience just commenting why I went that route. With that I certainly can’t speak to my own experience (I have none) just what I read. Regarding the “powersaving firmware from easyskymesh” I didn’t know of such things! it looks like there is an upgrade option, or do you recommend a fresh install?
no worries! just was letting you know they are fine for future builds. most of us dont stop with just one lol. the upgrade option is perfectly fine to flash. if you are lazy you can just do it all wirelessly and leave the radio up. GitHub - Mraanderson/meshcore-ota: Guidance for the OTA update of Room Servers or Repeaters · GitHub
Now you are talking my language. I mean it’s on the deck and not mounted to anything yet but hey, save the steps!!
Done and set to balanced. I don’t know what all of the settings do yet so i didn’t want to go crazy.